1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

will 4g work?Support

1. jm4nth3b3st

jm4nth3b3st New Member

I have a HTC evo 4g flashed to boost mobile. right now since boost doesnt have 4g it only runs on 3g. coming the 31st boost will have 4g. does anyone know whether or not flashed phones will be able to recieve 4g?

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

great question! i'm not 100% percent on that one, but yes i believe you should be able to get 4. boost will most likely uses sprint's 4g network so i do not see why you should not be able to get 4g. i have not found any confirmation on this one. this is just my assumption.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. jm4nth3b3st

jm4nth3b3st New Member

thanks for you input! i kind of figured that it would have 4g i just wanted to see what other people thought as well.
  4. loveurdj

loveurdj New Member

I am interested to see if anyone has luck getting there 4G to work after the EVO is released keep this one going ?
  5. jm4nth3b3st

jm4nth3b3st New Member

ive read up on a few articles and they said that it will most likely not work. Sure it is unfortunate but i am not to worried about it because sprints 4g isnt really spread out much so i wouldnt get it at my house anyways
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

If boost uses Sprint's new LTE network (probable)- it will not happen

If they use Sprints Wimax network (less likely)- someone will find a way
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Boost and Virgin mobile, prepay brands of sprint will be using wimax as sprint has moved on to lte.
    However I am not holding my breath that we can use wimax on a cloned phone. 2 reason I can think of right off the top of my head. 1 wimax uses a mac address just like a computer, it gets assigned an IP address as well and the cell network knows which mac address is allowed and which are not on the list so in order to get a mac address that is on the list you would need a donor phone that has 4g.
    And that brings me to the 2nd reason the donor phone we use is 3g only it may be (slightly) obvious your not using an incognito if your getting 4g.:D
    ocnbrze likes this.