Will a clip case with a magnt hurt my HTC hero ?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. candymancan21

candymancan21 Member This Topic's Starter

I'v always known that magnet's are not good for electronics. However i just got my HTC hero, and i want to try to prevent this dust problem im reading about from hopefully happening to me. I have the screen protector on the screen, and a rubber/silicon case from sprint, but i dont have a carrying case that clips on your belt. So i either have to carry the hone by hand or put it in my pocket..

Since the pocket is full of lint thats a bad idea.. However all the cases iv been looking at have magnets to close them. Will this hurt my phone ? Also which holster do you guys recomend that is big enough to hold the phone while its still in the silicon/rubber case.

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

I have a case with a magnet
    I have not see any issues

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

It won't hurt it. The issues with magnets and computers only really apply to hard-drives and floppy drives that use magnetism to store data so you can lose data if you put a strong magnet near them. This isn't an issue with flash based storage which uses floating-gate transistors and requires a charge to change state.

Whilst it won't hurt it, it may give you issues with regards to navigation and other apps that utilise the built in digital compass.

4. jplamb

jplamb Well-Known Member

Some people have reported problems with the compass and auto screen rotation when using a case with a magnetic clip

5. harlequin1963

harlequin1963 Member

Mine works fine with a magnet clip belt case.

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I used a case with a magnet for a little while and had no problems. In the end I just went for a screen protector though, much more convenient.

But for future reference, everyone in this forum has a slightly different phone to you (The GSM version). So we can't suggest cases. Sprint phones have a different design and run different versions of the firmware too. My signature links to the forum you need.