Will a strait up glass replacement / re-adhering fix a light leak?

Last Updated:

1. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My evo is great, i get ~14 hours of heavy use of the battery its quick , no grounding issue, everything is perfect. except i have a super little light leak that is about 4 mm long under my home key . i know that over time this will eventualy cause me a problem so my question is if a glass screen relacement from a sprint store will fix my light leak.

thanks !

Advertisement
  2. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

my questions is, are techs smart enough to do a screen swap?

3. as329

as329 Well-Known Member

I've been tempted to dig in and do it myself, the tear down is here.

I've done it with other phones, but I hated those phones (drilling holes into my 800w was actually therapeutic, replacing the Treo Pro screen wasn't hard at all)...still not sure I have the nerve to start tearing this one up.

But the one I have is perfect. I'm going to give it the week, check with BB and see if I can string my return along for a few more weeks until a definite better build comes along...

4. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

haha , its hit or miss with what ever tech. is working that day, i walked into the sprint store and the store size is that of a regular store , its not a dinky little 100 sq. foot place on the cornor of a strip or something.

So i expected their tech that they had on duty that day to be able to atleast shed some light on what sprint will be able to do for me repair wise when i am past my 30 days. i had my phone to the gentelman and he takes it back to the tech, ~3 mins later he walks out and says ya we were able to fix it here you go. i cant explain the excitement that i felt, it was almost as great as wheni first bought it. i get to my car and turn the phone back on and notice that not a single thing had changed , i went back in and asked to speak to the tech, and guess what....... he just stepped out for lunch...... a-hole didnt want to fix my phone so he can go to lunch