• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will a verizon store try to give me a used incred ?

cshipp17

Lurker
Apr 16, 2010
I am going to return a Palm Pre and get a droid Incredible. Gonna have to do this at a Verizon store since thats where I got the Pre... Does anyone know if the store will try and give me an Incredible that was returned ??? I'd probably keep the Pre as opposed to taking a used/defective Incredible...

You might recall what happened to Fryes when they tried that stunt....selling used/returns as new goods. I bought something there once (last time). I don't recall what it was (might've been an optical drive). It didn't work. It made this terrible clattering sound. I took it back and asked if this was new or a return. The kid looks at the label and says "it's a return". I demanded a new unit immediately. Kid says they have a policy. You have a write a statement with the reason for the return and then "don't call us, we'll call you" kind of attitude.

I gave him my business card (I'm a lawyer during the week and a keyboard player on the weekends) and told this weasel "I have a policy too, if I don't get a brand new unit IN HAND within two minute, he, this store, the corporation that runs it and every horse they rode in on with a class action suit that will knock their socks off. Oh, and by the way, what was your name?".

I got the drive. I'm still p***ss*d. It took them three minutes.

If you're paying for a NEW phone, NEW means NEW. End of story.

Upvote 0
You might recall what happened to Fryes when they tried that stunt....selling used/returns as new goods. I bought something there once (last time). I don't recall what it was (might've been an optical drive). It didn't work. It made this terrible clattering sound. I took it back and asked if this was new or a return. The kid looks at the label and says "it's a return". I demanded a new unit immediately. Kid says they have a policy. You have a write a statement with the reason for the return and then "don't call us, we'll call you" kind of attitude.

I gave him my business card (I'm a lawyer during the week and a keyboard player on the weekends) and told this weasel "I have a policy too, if I don't get a brand new unit IN HAND within two minute, he, this store, the corporation that runs it and every horse they rode in on with a class action suit that will knock their socks off. Oh, and by the way, what was your name?".

I got the drive. I'm still p***ss*d. It took them three minutes.

If you're paying for a NEW phone, NEW means NEW. End of story.

Man that just makes you sound like a dick. I hated when people like you came into my job. Like it was there fault that you got something messed up. And the chances of that class action lawsuit going anywhere is pretty slim, even if it went far you'd probably settle out of court. An optical drive, what's that 50 bucks?

Yeah because that Customer Service rep getting $10/hr wants to hear you talk about bringing down the man.

Back on topic:
I'm interested in knowing how the OP likes WebOS vs Android.

Upvote 0
Man that just makes you sound like a dick. I hated when people like you came into my job. Like it was there fault that you got something messed up. And the chances of that class action lawsuit going anywhere is pretty slim, even if it went far you'd probably settle out of court. An optical drive, what's that 50 bucks?

Yeah because that Customer Service rep getting $10/hr wants to hear you talk about bringing down the man.

Back on topic:
I'm interested in knowing how the OP likes WebOS vs Android.

Yeah but I agree with him, if you buy a new product and get a POS, then I expect any company to replace it with a new product. If not sometimes you have to be a dick, yeah I know some people are just rude to Reps for no reason, but when I received my new Incredible and if the screen was cracked and then Verizon told me they would send me a used phone or something like that. I would be super pissed and I would demand a new phone.

Luckily Verizon hasn't ever done anything like that to me, I think what he was trying to get across was if you buy a device as brand new, then it better be brand new.

Upvote 0
I wasn't rude to him at all until he tried to jerk me around saying the manager wasn't in today but to leave my number bla bla bla. I wasn't buying it. Sorry but I work too hard for my money and don't like getting jerked around. Nobody does.

I agree with you completely, I am generally as nice as can be. But when I feel like I am getting screwed or hosed, then sometime you have to get a little more mean or some people will just try to walk all over you.

Usually if I have a problem with something I buy, I am polite and know it wasn't the employees fault, but if they act rude or try acting like they cant help me, then my niceness goes away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones