• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will Android 2.1 bring pinch to zoom to Moment?

Yup..

I've seen it on other android phones like the Nexus One (in vid), but I want to make sure it's going to be implemented on the Moment. I'm thinking about picking one up, but I gotta have that feature. HTC has it enabled in their SenseUI for phones like the Hero, but the Moment is faster and I also need the physical keyboard that the Moment offers. So, if it'll have pinch-zoom eventually, it would really be the perfect phone for me (Sprint).

Upvote 0
With 1.5, yes. 1.5 really is kinda bad. That's why I'm hoping 2.1 takes the phone to that level. Just need confirmation of that, and I'm pulling the trigger. But, I have less than a week left to trade in my current phone, and I'm afraid we won't know the answer by then. I'm speculating that it will because the hardware supports it and other phones have been seen with it, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Upvote 0
The way I'm looking at it; if the competition between apple and google continues to escalate like it has been, I'm seeing all kinds of multiple touch input making it's way into our phones. Its been mainly because apple corp. took the 4 year old approach to things, and basically said: "Nunh unhh! We called it!!" Then basically hid behind paperwork on that. Now that we all realize multi touch isn't really something you can 'own', I feel that google will just hike a leg up on them and let the rivers flow by implimenting it on our devices.

Upvote 0
I'll never understand what the big deal is with pinch to zoom. I actually don't want it Google Maps or a web browser as I find it easier and faster to double tap or use the zoom-out button.

The only argument for multitouch I've appreciated is that the keyboard is easier. And having heard the argument I've never experienced the problem the apple fanboys say exists, so its somewhat defunct.

SoulTerror, you need to upgrade your friends...

Upvote 0
i love my ipod touch, but hate apple anything so that clearly is false. as for pinch to zoom, it is an OPTION people if it's implemented no one is going to force you to use it... and i think google will put it in there for all 2.1 devices because they are at ware with apple and what a better way to smite them then to steal "their" technology and use it WIDELY on all your devices...
Anything apple huh? But you use an IPOD....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Upvote 0
if you guys arent aware of it you might try out XScopes version of multitouch. His system only uses one finger and works pretty well in his browser. It is based on 2.0 as it was developed. I patiently read and watched as he worked on the app but it wasnt looking like a 1.5 version was going to happen. Ive loaded it as of yesterday and im liking it. It is only for the web, not your basic picture viewing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones