Will Android 2.1 update add sync for Exchange tasks?General

Last Updated:

1. jvolzer

jvolzer Active Member This Topic's Starter

Will the Android 2.1 update for the Eris finally allow Exchange tasks to sync with the phone? Will I have to go with some 3rd party paid app like Touchdown to get this? I don't like the idea of non-native apps that may not integrate as well.

Advertisement
  2. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

I am curious about the same thing. I have heard two different answers regarding this. I heard it does, and I have heard it does not. I am pretty sure under the original 2.1 specs about Exchange support it says it does. But, I do know that Exchange support is based on what the carrier wants to allow.

Jeff

3. jvolzer

jvolzer Active Member This Topic's Starter

I guess the issue here is whether or not HTC updates their e-mail app since that's the one we're working with here, rather than the native Android app (which I think was quite limited in Exchange support with Android 1.5...which I'll bet is a big reason HTC provides their own).

Jarrett

4. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

Yes, very true. Version 1.5 did not have any Exchange built in. We have Exchange support because HTC added it to their proprietary e-mail client that we use on the Eris. Google added native Exchange support in version 2.0. But, it does very much depend on which e-mail client HTC is using in their 2.1 ROM.

Jeff