• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will any micro usb phone charger work?

tdt70

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
Alright, I love my mez but the battery life does suck. I've been reading up on the forums and have some tips I'm going to use. Any who, I have a power mat which was a waste of a xmas present because they don't make a special back for the mez to just drop in down to charge, I have to plug it into a "power cube." Recently it doesn't give me a full charge after a night of being plugged in. If anyone has some insight to this problem that would be great but I'm more looking into just getting a new wall charger because I misplaced my original one and I'd also like an extra for the office (running pandora all day doesn't help the dreadful battery life). My question is will any micro usb charger made for any phone work for the mez?

On a side note I'm looking into this new update (2.2 something?) Aparently you can just get this online? Any advice on this? Thanks in advance everyone!

I'll offer tidbit of my experience on the charger issue.

When I use a generic micr usb charger at work, it will charge the battery, but I can't use the phone while it's plugged in. It's like the touchscreen is disabled or something. Can't answer a call, or anything.
As soon as I unplug the cord I can use it just fine.

If I take the samsung wall cord,(micro usb to std usb) and plug into my power jack on my bike to charge, the phone thinks I just plugged it into a computer and goes to usb storage mode.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I've had no problems using a wall charger from a Blackberry.

As far as the 2.2 update goes, it is possible to download it yourself and install from a PC. However, there have been enough people having issues with the "self" download that I suggest taking it to a store and have them install it with a full wipe reload. Make sure you get the full EE19 upgrade, and not the EC10 upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones