• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Will any mini usb charger work?

as long as the plug fits it will charge, but it wont be as fast as an official charger

I don't want to be the one bringing the bad news...

I bought a Nokia multi-charger (one with multiple, removable connectors) for my old htc tytn and when i use this with my G1 (with the mini-usb connector) it does not charge the phone at all. It does not even lights up the led on top. The actual charger is a wall-socket connector, a standard usb-connector (coupled with the wall-socket piece) which ends in a small, round connector (to which you add whatever connector is appropriate for your phone. It comes with 10 different adapters).

Having said all this, if i replace the cable that came with this kit with a standard usb->mini-usb data cable and use that instead, it works perfectly.

Just something to keep in mind :)

Kind regards

Daniel

Upvote 0
Check out monoprice.com. I just purchased 3 wall chargers and 2 car chargers for less than $9 after shipping. The cost of the chargers by themselves was $5.87.

These are for a different phone, but are mini usb. I have not received my order so I cant verify that they work, but I dont see why they would not? You will be hard pressed to find better prices with the same level of customer service. Its one of my favorites sites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones