Will ATT notice if I do this???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. bigcountry25

bigcountry25 New Member This Topic's Starter

Att is sending a warranty replacement due to the phones USB port or motherboard messing up, anway I dropped my phone after the fact and cracked the screen but it still functions flawlessly so I was thinking since ATT wont take my orginal phone back I could just tear both of them down and swap the screens out. But I am unsure if there is a way ATT could tell if I had take the phone apart. I think I would have to pull the sticker in the battery compartment so the IEMI number match. I have already tried to pull the sticker off mine and it will come off without any damage.

Do you think it is worth a shot???

Advertisement
  2. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

They will notice, the imei number is also programmed into the firmware of the phone itself. Not worth being billed $500 once they figure out what you did. Just take out insurance on the phone and make an insurance claim. The $125 deductable is a lot cheaper than $500.

3. RavenFox

RavenFox VIP Member VIP Member

A post that makes a lot of sense.

4. bigcountry25

bigcountry25 New Member This Topic's Starter

If I swapped motherboards wouldn't my orginal motherboard have the IMEI number off my phone? Everything a far as the guts of the phone will be changed out. Just be putting my broken screen on the new phone and the good one on the phone I will return to ATT. Isn't the IMEI number stored on the motherboard?

5. Goodeye

Goodeye Active Member

And now your talking about frauding ATT? I'm new but I assume that's a forum no no. Secondly your probably not going to get away with it.

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

If you do try and attempt this defrauding of AT&T, I hope they do catch you and nail you for some huge monetary amount. I'm no fan of AT&T but it's people like you who unnecessarily drive prices up for the rest of us by trying to pass along the cost of your own negligence to someone else who had nothing to do with it.

LMaxwell likes this.
  7. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

So you plan on sending them a phone with a broken screen? I don't understand. What do you plan on doing with the broken screen?

8. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

[edit]nevermind;

but I think doing that is a very bad idea

9. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

I'm still wondering what happens to the broken screen. It's not like he gets to keep both. If he plans on sending it back to AT&T then chances are he's planning on screwing FedEX/UPS/USPS. Everything about this screams fraud.

Just man up and pay the $162 it costs for them to replace the screen and maintain warranty, or buy the screen with tools for $90 and do it yourself (voids warranty). Don't pass your fault onto someone else through fraud.

10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Exactly.

AndroidForums does not condone fraud.

james27007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.