Will Battery Life on 2.1 ROMS get better

Last Updated:

1. thenoble06

thenoble06 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

When I heard the official 2.1 ROM was being but put, I finally went for it and rooted and upgraded to VillianROMS 5.4. Its good but as with other 2.1 ROMS the battery life isn't great, even with Juice Defender/Ultimate Juice installed.

I've no idea how the ROMS are coded and optimized and put together so i don't know if battery life in the future will be improved? Can someone throw some light on it please? I'm considering downgrading to a 1.5 ROM in the meantime.

Thanks!
    A

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yeah, they should get better when they have the official 2.1 kernel to use, the current one is meant to be a bit crap. Or someone creates a new one.

3. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

I really hope someone at HTC "Leaks" some of the Hero GSM 2.1 work...

4. jev

jev Well-Known Member

Well, Stickman's SenseHERO was recently updated from v2.1 to 2.2 (no, not Android 2.2, this is the SenseHERO's release number!). Looks like a big jump in speed and battery consumption so there's hope... ;).

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I posted about this in another thread, but tweaking one of the system settings from 'WCDMA preferred' to GSM seems to have improved my battery life a bit on 5.3.

Think I'm gonna have to try sensehero 2.2 now though.