Will be getting a front facing camera!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Bigjew92

Bigjew92 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just went in to the verizon store to see why my girlfriends fascinate(i have an incredible ;) ) wouldn't update. here's the conversation:

guy: it was pushed out to the first 1000, but things went wrong so they pulled it back(talking about the update i500.DI01)

us: ok so we shouldn't be worrying?

guy: no. but you'll get it sometime next week. then you'll get one the week after(didn't say what it would include) and then there will be one in november that will activate the front facing camera.

us: wait, what?

he showed us the 3 little dots on the top of the phone(sensors and i guess a camera).

he said that he talked to a samsung rep yesterday in the store and this is what he told him. the guy actually has a samsung fascinate and showed us so i'm going to believe him.

if you look closely at the 3 dots, the one on the left is alone. the one(s) on the right kinda have two different colors(light sensor and proximity sensor) so i still am going to believe him.

TIFWIW, but this is what i heard and am going to believe.

lettuce just wait till november. :)

Advertisement
  2. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

Only if it were true.

3. Bigjew92

might be... we'll see...

teehee

sorry...had to keep rhyming

4. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

The fact of the matter is that if you look at the international Galaxy S, you will see 3 dots as well as a camera on the right side.
    Unless the update magically pokes a hole through your phone and insert a camera module in the motherboard, it is impossible.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah those are the proximity sensors for when you use the phone itself; no FFC

6. Bigjew92

good guys. i love the discussion... this is just what he told us. its not my phone. i could care less.. i have a DInc with no camera. :) anywho. i'm going back to my forum. later doods

7. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Actually, it's an LED. ;) ;) ;)

Bigjew92 likes this.
  8. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Here's just another example of a paid VZW rep who works in store who literally does not have a clue. As impressed as I am with the VZW CS reps [*611], Im almost equally unimpressed with the ones in store. Its like they are right off the street sometimes :rolleyes:

9. Optimus Droid

Optimus Droid Well-Known Member

Has anyone torn apart a Fascinate to look what it has?

10. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah, we've been thru this before. I mean seriously, there is no one this would be a secret that all of a sudden someone discovers mid September and posts it on Android Forums and thats how it gets outted. Cruise over to xda if you want threads on the hardware in the SF, they can tell you every circuit on the device.

11. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 Well-Known Member

12. chasemyaccord

chasemyaccord Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, that's like buying a Camry and the dealer saying they'll perform a software update that'll add a spoiler to the trunk.

Yes, VZW reps can be idiots...although there are some good ones out there too.

13. Kbluna

Kbluna Active Member

I have to say, I did immediately look at my phone. But I worked there for 7 years as a tech, and have to say out of 60 techs in the area, only 3 knew what they were talking about....ever.... I don't understand why people make stuff up to feel smart, when they just end up looking stupid in the end.

14. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

LOL...It looks like a cam, it should be a cam! Who knows why its not on there, Samsung and vzw....vzw would find a way to charge us to use it anyway..

15. saps

saps Well-Known Member

LOL, camera use fee :p

16. padrone00

padrone00 Well-Known Member

I actually wondered if one could be a camera. You only need one sensor so what is the other for? And i'm about to use naughty language, but if you look at the iphone4, the camera size is the same. Are we 100% sure that it can in now way be a camera?

17. saps

saps Well-Known Member

200%

18. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

3 openings in the lens:

1 on right: Ambient light sensor for automatic display brightness adjustment
    2 on left: transmitter and receiver of the proximity sensor that turns off the screen when it gets close to your face.

Large lens on the back, surrounded by chrome bezel: The one and only camera.

19. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

OMG!

[​IMG]

20. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member

I think I heard they are going to roll out an update that upgrades it to a 4.3 inch screen. It might be bundled in the 2.2 update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.