Will Canada get shafted on the Nexus Two?

Last Updated:

1. Phalanges

Phalanges Member

2. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

As long as it works on the networks here, you could buy it from the US, unlock it, and voila!

At least, that's what I'm hoping for. :)
  3. TriC

TriC Well-Known Member

The Nexus 2 looks to be a Samsung S phone... this is good news if you have a Samsung S already since the firmware will likely be interchangeable between the Samsung S phones. anyways all the info comes out on NOV 8th..

And rumors claim that it will be actually called Nexus S. It is supposed to have the same specs as Galaxy S have and to be released with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
    The device will be the Nexus S
    * It will be branded as a Google experience device featuring Android 2.3
    * It will have the same 4" SAMOLED screen seen on the Galaxy S devices
    * It will feature the same Hummingbird processor from the Galaxy S handsets
    * It will be easily rootable like the Nexus One was
    * It will be at least GSM, unknown about carrier or CDMA
    * It will have no hard buttons on the face, similar to a Vibrant

this is very good news for us, 'coz we may be able to have Nexus Two goodies and seems like Gingerbread will be ported to Galaxy S (if not officially released) very easily.
  4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

If the Samsung Nexus 2 (S) comes only with the vanilla Android OS, then it won't have the same firmware as the SGS models that have the Touchwiz UI.
  5. TriC

TriC Well-Known Member

Thats the Idea anyone with a Samsung S will be able to have a copy of the firmware from the Nexus S running on their phone very soon. via a fast port.
  6. puleen

puleen Well-Known Member

TouchWiz UI sucks, no offence. I don't like it on my Captivate. I hope that the Nexus Two (if real) has stock Gingerbread.

"If it ain't stock, it ain't gonna rock!" :)