will cwm be available for lg lucid 2

1. to3kn33

to3kn33 Member

does anyone know if cloclwork mod recovery will be abaiable for the lg lucid 2

Advertisement
    :
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

3. SicFreak

SicFreak The Message is SIC!

4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It works on the ZTE Avid.....a non LG phone. Even if it doesnt work, it won't brick you.

Also the LG motions recovery works on the spirit, they use different root methods though.
  5. perry475

perry475 Member

SicFreak likes this.
  6. Nikguy

Nikguy Well-Known Member

crazy! Any practical uses for it yet?
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Told yall so :p
  8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Backup.
  9. Nikguy

Nikguy Well-Known Member

oh good point. If someone were to upload a clean backup of their phone somewhere it could be helpful. Idk if it would help my tethering issue but I see how it can do some good now
  10. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

That would definitely help. Someone lurking around can download that and whip up a rom for you guys. Not that I'm volunteering! lol Just sayin.

From the backup upload....
    system.ext4.tar
    boot.img
    recovery.img

Don't worry about personal info, that's in data.ext4.tar which you will not be uploading.

Good luck guys ;)
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I have a system.img I could upload ;)
  12. Cylemmulo

Cylemmulo Member

It would be amazing if someone could atleast make like a cleaned up rom :p
  13. grashan

grashan Well-Known Member

I uploaded them,
    they are in the "any roms" thread
  14. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I'm an Admire user that is switching to Verizon and getting a Lucid 2 tomorrow. My point is I have a lot of experience with flashing, roms, etc on various phones. But I digress...

Having root and CWM should allow you to then have SU as well, giving you access to edit the framework-res (I think?) to allow certain restricted features like HotSpot and tethering (ie, setting from "false" to "true" ) Aside from that, you should at LEAST be able to remove bloatware and free up system memory, but even still, these are things that are easier done individually with a written guide than risking making a backup to share, at least until a dev gets on this phone and makes something (without bricking his own device in the process, lol)
  15. GameTheory

To edit framework-res or any other apk, you would have to decompile it first then make your changes and compile it back after. You sure can remove bloatware though.

There is no risk in uploading a backup as long as you do not include data.ext4.tar which is where personal data is located.

I don't have this phone, but I can make a rom for it if I decided to. Someone needs to post a system pull for any devs or chefs that don't have this phone to make a rom for you guys.

I already offered to write the edify script for this device. Without it, no roms will flash. I'm just waiting on the system pull.
  16. grashan

What is a system pull?
    Ill try and help you get it,
    Im just in a rush to flash a rom so i can start taking advantage of this phone
  17. GameTheory

It's what you posted in the link, but the 2 large files give me a corrupt file error when I try to extract them.

http://androidforums.com/5917093-post8.html

Don't worry let's just wait till sammyz posts it.
  18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

GameTheory likes this.
  19. grashan

Omg thank you
  20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

21. GameTheory

"If" I whip up something, would you be willing to test before I post it?

That might be the only way I do it aside from the edify script.

P.S. I have my PM box open at UPP. If you ever need to pm me, I go by same username. I saw you there also.
    sammyz likes this.
  22. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

Right, I knew that, I promise. What I was thinking about was making changes to the build.prop. I used to have to edit mine on my Admire to change the tethering from "false" to "true" to make it work. I think tethering itself would require more than a simple build.prop change but still, there are probably some other little tweaks you can do to make it do something. Right?
  23. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

GameTheory likes this.
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I don't own the phone man

I just know how to get the system.img without the phone :p
  25. GameTheory

Dang I don't own one either. It's why I wanted someone reliable with experience to test.

Welp, there goes that idea. lol

All good, I need the time anyway. Working on another rom for the Spirit. Hopefully they don't see this post till I finish. ssssshhhhhh