will cwm be available for lg lucid 2

1. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

SicFreak owns the phone, I think he'll be able to test ;)
    SicFreak likes this.
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Lol, i dont think they will ;)
  3. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

I own the phone, just got it today. Gonna take some time to use it stock before rooting so go ahead and make whatever you can, ill test it later on :)
  4. SacredBloodlin

So, can anyone confirm, 100%, that root works and that the CWM mentioned above is stable enough to use? I would love to root this thing to get rid of all the bloatware. I just don't want to install CWM for a different phone and not be able to flash things or make a proper backup.
  5. grashan

grashan Well-Known Member

Yes the recovery works as long as youre rooted
    And the root works as long as you go to the correct thread in this forum :)
  6. SacredBloodlin

k0nane's sticky? I will try that out later on. Has anyone with root successfully removed bloatware on this phone?
    SicFreak likes this.
  7. SacredBloodlin

8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

...make a backup using cwm.

Edit:
    press the top button first!

DO NOT PRESS THE SECOND BUTTON UNLESS YOU PRESS THE FIRST ONE FIRST. YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DON'T.
  9. SacredBloodlin

Ok. Do you install the apk like a normal app or is it done some other way? Also, what "top button" are you talking about and how do I get into CWM after installing?
  10. grashan

Install normally

After installing there will be two buttons

Top-recovery appy
    Bottom-reboot!

Please press the top button first.

After it flashes cwm you can power off your phone then hold the volume up and power button to boot in cwm
    SacredBloodlin likes this.
  11. grashan

@GameTheory hows the progress?, not rushing you just wondering
  12. SacredBloodlin

I know I successfully have root because I have SU and all that good stuff, and things always ask for SU permissions and stuff. I installed CWM successfully but when I reboot and hold Vol Up and Power, it just flashes the LG logo a few times and then sits there with a black screen until I let go of the power button, then it boots normally. Any ideas?

Edit: Jay-kay, I did it over again and this time I chose to reboot from the app and it worked. I love how its not only a CWM from another phone, but its the Touch Recovery. Havent seen this since I used my Evo 4G over a year ago, lol
  13. SicFreak

SicFreak The Message is SIC!

I've got the phone, and I'm rooted with the clockworkmod recovery... If I can help anyway I'll see what I can do.
  14. grashan

That's weird my phone seems not to go in recovery mode with out the app. Why is that?
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Do not do key combo ever. Unless you have cm installed.
  16. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

This is the button combo for the touch recovery. I've done it many times on stock ROMs as well for the LG Spirit.

Recovery Button Combo
  17. SacredBloodlin

I did it and nothing happened. The "LG" logo wood flash a couple times and then go blank until I released the power button. Then it would boot normally. I then went back into the recovery app and reinstalled CWM, then I hit the "Reboot" button right after (didn't do it the first time, I opted to reboot myself) and it went just fine. I haven't powered down to try the key combo to boot into recovery, but I would guess it should work
  18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

No. The recovery is not permanently installed. If you do keycombo, it should ask if you want to factory reset..
  19. GameTheory

Key combo works just fine. It's been tested and proven. As I said, I do it all the time. Just follow the instructions in the link from the screen off position.

If you're not sure, just have a backup before trying.
  20. MrCoppock3511

MrCoppock3511 New Member

So what's the status of a Rom? ill try it when someone whips one up
  21. grashan

Progress?
  22. GameTheory

I'm still working on another phone. Till I finish I won't get started with this one. There is another guy around here, I forget who... He has a rom almost finished. Hopefully he gets it done before I get started.
  23. SacredBloodlin

I don't know who it is, but I can't wait to see something :)

Also, what is the button combo to get into CWM from a powered off state?
  24. ohDarr

ohDarr Active Member

I dont know if your talking about me, I was making a rom but I gave up because I could never get the rom to flash (always get status 7 error) any devs let me know if you would like me to post the "unfinished" rom it has basic functions in it and a few custom items such as a custom boot and others, if you want to add things to it feel free, sorry I couldnt get the rom finished for you guys it was my first time creating a android rom (I had apple products) I just did it as a project because I have this phone and there are no roms for it... Let me know if someone wants to finish it real fast if I upload.
  25. GameTheory

Here's some good news for you guys...

https://twitter.com/djrbliss/status/355078059503792128

Bliss has bypassed the the bootloader with loki. Essentially this works the same as having the bootloader unlocked.

You would now be able to flash custom recoveries and kernels amongst other things. You would also be able to remove any app without bootlooping.

I suggest one of you guys nicely ask Shabby if he can make you a loki'd cwm.

*** Special thanks to Dan Rosenberg(aka djrbliss) for loki and Shabby along with everyone else involved. ***