Will Droid 1 Accesories work with Droid 2?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. michaelbrazell

michaelbrazell Active Member This Topic's Starter

Because the Droid 2 form factor is so similar to the Droid 1 form factor, should we expect our accessories (specifically, the car dock & home dock) to work with the Droid 2?

Advertisement
  2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

the home dock works the car dock does not. Uses same battery and charging port so those are fine, cases also do not fit properly, all of this is due to the lip at the bottom of the phone.

3. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

Mamba24 likes this.
  4. Mamba24

Mamba24 Member

5. infil

infil Well-Known Member

careful w/ the vent mounts. Remove the phone when winter comes hehe.

I'm a mechanic, i've had a handfull of customers come in fuming mad that their phones actually overheated/shut down sitting in front of the HEATER blowing 130f air all over it hehe.

6. Desync

Desync Well-Known Member

Yes that is a good tip, I worked at a GMC dealership and heard a few stories like that. People seem to think just becaue a product is made for something that there won't be any problems.

Well, just because something is made to go in a vent don't mean it will stop working. Hell, look at ice, you put it in a cup and after a while its gonna melt.

7. flashbox

flashbox Member

I bought this holster because the Droid 2 fits in it perfectly. I clip it to the side of my car seat in my Honda Element.

Other than that I didn't see any others that worked. I think this one does just by chance.

8. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I have that holster as well, I am not too happy with it. I had a Sedio clip for my BB before this and it was much higher quality. I am waiting for them to release a clip for the D2.

9. flashbox

flashbox Member

What do you not like about the holster? I really enjoy it. I am thinking about picking another one up just for use outside of the car.

10. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Its just not as good as some of the holsters I have had in the past. The clip dosent close all the way, and I don't like the big base it has. What I really want is this: Spring Clip Holster but I don't know if it works with the D2 or just the 1.