• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will Droid be upgradable to 4G LTE?

I kind of figured, if really wanted either the IPhone on Verizon and/or 4G-LTE on Droid on Verizon, chances are if I get the Droid now, by the time 4G is widely available, or if really dieing for the IPhone, my Droid contract will probably almost be up by then.

It will be interesting to see what the next Droid 4G LTE phone will look like, it should only get better....

For now, I think the Droid on Verizon's 3G will be AWESOME!!!

Upvote 0
what if you rooted the phone and installed the proper radio? would that work?

It's not that type of "radio". I am talking about the internal hardware radio that receives the signal from the cellular towers.

And Sprint's 4G is totally different, known as WiMax. Verizon will be using LTE which is the better choice, it can reach much higher speeds. The people who have 4G laptop cards from Sprint have said the coverage is very spotty even when you are within distance from the towers, leading some people to believe it is far from being ready for widespread use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones