Will Droid Mini work on AT&T?General

Last Updated: 2014-08-04 21:06:31
  1. jiantguy

jiantguy New Member

Hey folks. I like the Droid Mini. It appears to be GSM-capable. If I get one, will it work with AT&T?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

It will do voice and text. It should do 3G. It probably won't do 4G LTE (wrong bands).
  3. jiantguy

jiantguy New Member

That's extremely helpful. Thank you. Do you know what 4g LTE bands I need?
  4. niffcreature

niffcreature Active Member

i'm new to this but i think you need bands that the phone doesn't have. i don't think there's any way to use 4g LTE with AT&T maybe you understood that already idk.
  5. niffcreature

ok i'm actually seeing 4g LTE with t-mobile so? idk if at&t uses different bands just wanted to report that.
  6. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Well-Known Member Contributor

If you are getting 4g lte with tmobile can I see it [the speed]
  7. niffcreature

sorry forgot about this thread. is there an app you want me to run?
  8. niffcreature

Actually trying to disable 4g and switch to h+ with this tool because MMS and calls aren't working. Its not working but here's some info.

Its really weird it seems to cycle through different networks when I screw with it but always ends up on 4g.and data definitely works. When it's cycling through and hasn't gotten stuck on 4g yet MMS DOES work. Any help? It seems like there should be an easy fix

Attached Files:

9. niffcreature

WOAH sweet i figured it out! i'm NOT sure if the dialer code *#*#4636#*#* or ##PROGRAM helped me, but i did NOT see the option to "select network" before!!

so, set "preferred network type" to "LTE / GSM / UMTS" then "select network" and do "UMTS only"

i'm fine with h+ for data and i can always switch to LTE again if i want to watch a movie or something.

this is for t mobile. not sure if at&t is different

funny thing is, when its connected to WIFI it automatically switches back to 3g, if i turn of WIFI it turns on h+. frankly this is...... ideal. well almost. i'm fine with it tho.
    DirtyDee and doogald like this.