Will Flash work?

Last Updated:

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator This Topic's Starter

I have Bugless Beast 0.7 (2.1 build) and have downloaded the Flash 10.1 apk. Before I install it, I wanted to ask: Has anyone tried to run it on a non-Froyo base and if you did, did it work or did it hang up? TIA

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

It does not work. You need a 2.2 based ROM for the flash player to work. Judging by the fact that you are using BB0.7 I'd say you're due to upgrade your ROM. Take the plunge and get one of the new 2.2 based ROMs! At least run the latest BB (1.1)

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

He speaks the truth. Before we got a 2.2 rom, I actually tried to install it. It installs, but nothing happens. You don't get flash. It's tied to the new browser I believe (in 2.2)...

4. The_Chief

Thanks for the input. I haven't upgraded because Pete had done away with IWLPs which I happen to love. I have the bells and whistles that I want and have not had a reason to do all the work upgrading. I guess I'll have to take the plunge once again if I REALLY want Flash on the phone :rolleyes:

5. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Live wallpapers have been in every Bugless Beast release since ESE53, which was like months and months ago.

You have one of the very first BBs, as he restarted his naming convention once he moved to 2.1

6. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Quick answers for your questions.
    Yes I have
    No it didn't

I remember 0.7
    0.9 was great for me. Seems like the stone age now, lol

7. The_Chief

I know it's archaic but I have the phone EXACTLY the way I want it and am loathe to change anything. I guess when the 2.2 build of BB comes out I'll upgrade just to get Flash working LOL

8. jgkelly

jgkelly Well-Known Member

let me say this.2.2 is great. im running fabs nextheme. it is the fastest rom yet. Take the plunge. Flash is great also.

9. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

upgrade to v1.1 if you aren't gonna do froyo yet. upgrading to 1.1 leaves all your stuff the same just gives you hyperdrive speed compaired to 0.7. v1.1 with launcherpro is still the MUTHA****INGWIN

edit: that being said....the new froyo browser is like grease lightning