Will formatting my sdcard via the phone solve my sdcard mount read only errors?Support

Last Updated:

1. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I replaced my original sdcard with a sandisk 16gb card. Everything went well until I started getting these blasted read on errors. Earlymon suggested a fix from another board but I don't have a stand alone card reader so I couldn't do it that way.

I was wondering if I just backed up all my stuff from my sdcard to my iMac and then just reformatted my sdcard via the phone, would that solve my problems?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I think we have various issues being chased on this one - suggest you subscribe to this thread -

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/145539-sd-card-mounted-read-only-alert-post-froyo.html

Original thinking was phone formatting (backup/restore from desk/laptop, aka ltop aka d/ltop in that thread) - but marctronixx was forced back to a PC format if I'd read that right.

I'd say try what you're proposing, monitor that thread for latest info, and let others if it works for you.

3. Connectz

I popped my 16gb sdcard back in a reformatted it. I'll report back and let you all know if this fixed my issues.

4. Connectz

So far so good with the 16gb card. Whats funny is it was so bad that it wouldn't even mount before. I'm loading all my older stuff back on the phone minus the icon folder. Then I'll put my music and my 2 100mb movies back on there.