Will Froyo fix the wifi connection issues?Support

Last Updated:

1. goalc

goalc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have any idea as to whether Froyo will address the wifi issues on the SGS? My wife's phone will not connect to any wifi hotspot unless she is virtually sitting on the router. At home it is ok as the router is in the same room, but she has tried to connect to many wifi hotspots in public places and she can never connect as the signal is so weak. Other people with iPhones, HTC etc connect with no problem, but hers will not do anything.

Is this something that Froyo will address, or is it more a hardware issue with the SGS?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. AndroidRookie

AndroidRookie New Member

Im having similar issue at home with my newly purchased Samsung Galaxy S fascinate. I recently installed new wireless router, and get great signal on my laptop all over the house, but with phone signal is very weak to almost non usable in some places.

Is this a normal issue with Fascinate owners, or am I just so lucky?

3. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

mine has issues too!

sgs 1900

4. bfriskey

bfriskey Member

If you guys are using Netgear Wireless N they are known for heating up and shutting down and/or reducing output power in order to cool. This is especially true for the simultaneous dual freqs..Maybe that's some of your problems with WiFi..No one has mentioned their models...Just a thought Try a different channel..turn down to 70%..also for those of you who haven't changed the default setting of 3 devices..change it to 99 or so,,

5. bfriskey

bfriskey Member

Sorry about the double post WHERE IS THE DELETE ??

6. dc2447

dc2447 Well-Known Member

I fel wifi is much improved. I had two issues. First, the phone wouldn't go from wifi to hsdpa without reboot or flight move, second, I had to set a static IP on some hotspots to get reliable dns.

Both these are solved. I also notice that the mobile AP works much better (it was already good)