Will Froyo run on Qualcomm MSM 7227 processor?

Last Updated:

1. Kowalski

Kowalski New Member This Topic's Starter

There are a lot of interesting devices showed up recently, which based on Qualcomm MSM 7227 processor ARMv6.
    Its a cheep and very nice processor for its price, and i was going to buy cheep divice, based on it, but there is a question appeared:
    Will Android 2.2 Froyo work on this MSM 7227 processor ?
    Or it will be working only on ARMv7 Snapdragon, Cortex A8 and later processors?:mad:

A saw info that froyo works exclusively on ARMv7 processors and better:mad:
    And will not support ARMv6. Is that true? Or support of ARMv6 will be added later?

Advertisement
  2. kad3t

kad3t Well-Known Member

The answer to this question is a difficult one. It depends if you're asking about it running officially or just running? Officially, I have no clue but HTC aparently said that all devices that came out this year will have it. I have no clue if that is true, though. On the other hand if I were you I would expect it no doubt unofficially, as there are already first, simple ports for 7200A, so I see why there shouldn't be any for a better CPU. Check the XDA Developers forums and I'm sure you'll find your answer there in no time. ^__^

3. Kowalski

Kowalski New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks fo respond, kad3t
    I will try to wisit XDA Developers forums

4. kad3t

kad3t Well-Known Member

Welcome, mate!
    It's a great place. Same as this forum, but more developement/custom ROM centered and less about games and apps. Loads of helpful people out there and they do often help others even with the least crucial issues.

5. mauriciocn

mauriciocn New Member

The Qualcomm MSM7227 is a member of ARM11 family, wich is build using the ARMv6 architecture.
    See the problem? The family name and the name of architecture are similar.
    If froyo need a ARM7 (family) processor, it must run fine with the Qualcomm MSM7227 (ARM11 family).

6. tiggerlator

tiggerlator Well-Known Member

It runs on a wildfire which has a 7225 528mhz chip, so i dont see why not.

7. xzillerationer

xzillerationer Well-Known Member

Doesn't the G1 have a 2.2 rom? All I know is, that my Eris running a 527 MHz CPU(don't know the exact specs) has a Froyo ROM and it doesn't fly, IT SPRINTS(although it's on Verizon...). I'd say, save up money and buy a beefier device.

8. ls377

ls377 Active Member

The Aria runs this processor, and it's been said it will get Froyo this year. I'm also already running Froyo on it using Cyanogenmod, so it will work.