2. tomthetank

tomthetank Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

come on 85 views no reply?

3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

No one knows.

4. jimatr

jimatr Active Member

What lag issue? My SGS doesn't have any lag issue, only the common GPS crapness.

5. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Yes, I should add mine doesn't lag either.

What I meant to point out is that we don't know what the 2.2 update will/won't bring, definitely not 'for sure'.

6. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Everyones hopeful, but unless Samsung change the way the internal drive is partitioned/formatted etc I think some degree of lag is likely to persist. Good thing there is no need to wait for Froyo to fix that :)

(Hint: search for one click lag fix)

7. tomthetank

thanks for the replies, i dont own the phone but will soon. When i tried it out at my local shp there was no lag, just off hearing people in these forums.
    But then again its a place where people try to find answers for the problems.
    Also i'm a bit of a noob so wouldn't really want to root the phone incase I bricked it :(

8. khivasha

khivasha Member

If by lag you mean delays in apps reacting to your commands, my 2.1 Galaxy stopped giving that kind of grief as soon as I went back to the stock Samsung UI.

I do like ADW Launcher, but I like a responsive device more. So TouchWiz it is.

9. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

LauncherPro seems to work fine for me (been using it a few weeks now).

10. khivasha

khivasha Member

hmmm ... I settled on ADW at first just for the feel, but I should probably give Launcher Pro another go, see how it performs for a longer run.

11. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of it.

I like the unread counts in the dock icons. Also, the 3d app drawer is much nicer than the touch wiz paged one.

12. NZtechfreak

I'm on LauncherPro too, really like the new widgets for the plus version (particularly the calender widget).

13. tomthetank

I'm pretty sure I will use launcher pro :) but im not sure if I want to pay for the plus version, are the widgets worth it?

14. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

A fair question, wondering that myself. The calendar one does look nice.

I guess even if I don't use them the dev deserves my money for the launcher itself.

15. NZtechfreak

I think LauncherPro is worth the money before you consider the widgets. The calender widget is worth it alone if you use you calender with any regularity.

16. devD

devD New Member

hey guys, i am planning for galaxy s but its seems there are gps issues which bothers almost every one.
    can anyone point me out the other issues?

thanks
    -Dev

17. Or7on

Or7on New Member

""I'm a huge fan of it.

I like the unread counts in the dock icons. Also, the 3d app drawer is much nicer than the touch wiz paged one. ""

Hi Everyone

in responce to the above reply how do you set launcher pro to show the apps in 3d , ive just isntalled it and have the apps are scrolling up/down scroll at the moment?

Thanks Graeme

18. Subluka

Subluka Member

I really likes Launcher Pro, but I had performance issues. ADW is pretty similar, and is running smoothly for me.

As for lag, my Galaxy was fine for about a week. Then I installed a few more apps and along came the lag. It was somewhere between 50 - 150 apps where the lag really kicked in. I don't think that it's the amount of apps, but I guess that means a ceratin amount of apps doing different things (or clogging up the filesystem).

I factory reset and it was lagless again. I tried not to install apps but at about 40 again and it's again lagging. There seems no rhyme or reason to it that I can see and it comes and goes.

I found that those little aps that hold the orientation were very clearly contributing. So was Launcher Pro when it tried to change orientation to landscape.

I hope Froyo fixes these issues. We will see. If you are not prepared to wait or root and lagfix at some stage (I probably will) it's hard to recommend the phone. It's a fantastic phone otherwise.

19. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

In answer to the original question, no-one knows if the LAG fix will be fixed with FROYO.

The LAG is however easily fixed, the OCLF App (One Click Lag Fix) is simple to apply and job done in 5 minutes tops. You just download it from the Market and follow the instructions.

From the posts above, it should be obvious to you that the beauty of the Galaxy S (and Android for that matter) is that you can tailor the device to meet your own individual preferences. The problem with this is it can make it very difficult to diagnose and 'fix' an single issue.

I have used ODIN to upgrade to the unmodified samsung 2.2, i.e. Stock firmware that briefly made an appearance and then was pulled again mid October. Although the LAG seems fixed, it's really hard to tell because I have had the LAG fix applied to 2.1 within a week of owning the phone.

I still have one issue with the speed of the Email APP on FROYO, however, I'm just waiting for the official release from Samsung.