Will HTC be a household name?

Last Updated:

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

As we all know, the HTC desire is a monster of a smart phone, beating iphone to phone of the year :)

You would be supised though of how many people have not heard of HTC, the desire or even android. At the mo, it still seems like a geek thing ;) I work in a school and all the kids are ipod/iphone crazy; not many know about 'real' phones.

Do you reckon that one day, android and HTC will be as well known as iphone and apple?

Advertisement
  2. BarnumC

BarnumC Well-Known Member

Well, not many people I know have heard of Joe Bonamassa, or Andy McKee, but just because the masses havent heard of them, it doesnt make them any less inspirational or outstanding than they already are.
    Many people I know who 'love films' have never seen Life is Beautiful, or Leon the Pig Farmer
    Just because JLo, Lady GaGa et al are number 1 in the charts doesn't mean they are the best
    Nor does Hollywood make the best films either.

Same analogy for the iphone.. a big noise about nothing.

3. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member

I thought HTC was a household name - is in my house !

gie62001 likes this.
  4. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

mine too :) They will see

5. papa j

papa j Well-Known Member

in my circle of friends htc and android phones are well known

6. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

I hope not, we are the elite after all! ;)

7. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

Forget elite - every other person I meet seems to have one now....

8. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

A lot of people see my phone and say "Is that an HTC?". I say yeah. They then proceed to say "The HTC is crap and slow, I have one" before pulling out a Wildfire...

9. Yathushan

Yathushan Well-Known Member

Lol so true its because they cant afford a decent phone. But the wildfire is alright its just that they overload with so much usual crap!

10. nafpez

nafpez Well-Known Member

Andy Mckee's a legend, have to say tho I do slightly prefer Antoine Dufour, without a doubt one of the most technically gifted guitarist I've ever listened to, I'd have his kids if I wasn't so male. Anyhoo back on topic, I don't think HTC will ever be as well known as Apple, which is a good thing, it means that every person you see holding a phone is more likely to be an iClone or some dumb phone, which means all of us that do know about the greatness of our Desire get to stand with our heads held high and bask in the glory of knowing that we own one of, if not the best phones available today (according to T3 it infact is THE best phone you can buy, coincidence eh?)...........So to conclude, HTC won't become a house hold name, but thats just fine with me.

firedesire likes this.
  11. leeeroy

leeeroy Member

its nice after years of saying how great HTC is (from way back with T Mob Vario and Wizard) and being laughed at from nokia, then iphone guys to shove it in their face lol

12. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

Apple have marketed the iphone MASSIVELY hance the deal with kids.

Its simply about getting the msg out there though the way the new Nokias are being marketed/advertised they still have a way togo till they get rid of the 'phone my dad has'... - name ! ;)

13. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

HTC got T3 Brand of the Year (as well as the Desire getting Phone OTY). There've been a fair few Desire billboard ads (YOU) and, while I FFWD through most TV adverts, even I've seen TV ads for the Desire. Of course it takes a long time to get brand recognition - Apple have worked VERY hard to get where they are (and it seems they use magic in their ads as they REALLY work).

If HTC keep producing fabulous phones like the Desire and keep beating all-comers in tests and awards they'll get there...

14. funkmuncha

funkmuncha Well-Known Member

out here where i live hardly anyone has heard of HTC. i have the desire, which i had to import at phenomenal cost, and when i show people they say oh thats like the Iphone. To that i just smile knowingly and put my desire back in my pocket....suckers!

15. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Same here, we have three HTC phones now and even my 14yo daughter says iPhone is a swear word!
    :D
    I've noticed there are more HTC Desires and Samsung Galaxy's than any version of iPhones when I walk through the mall.

16. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I was going to get a HTC Touch Diamond cheap off ebay and try and get Android running off it, then I heard about the Bravo

[​IMG]

HTC - Products - HTC Touch Diamond - Overview

Still think it's a beautiful phone. Shame about WinMo