Will I ever be able to upgrade to Android 2.2 (and newer) on my Vibrant (tmobile) (that has 2.1)?

Last Updated:

1. jongreen

jongreen New Member This Topic's Starter

Will I ever be able to upgrade to Android 2.2 (and newer) on my Vibrant (tmobile) (that has 2.1)?

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Is there a mod in these forums that can start deleting the redundant threads? It's quite obvious people aren't reading any threads prior to posting.

3. yummytyson

yummytyson Well-Known Member

Yes when it is released sometime in the fall.

jongreen likes this.
  4. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member

I dohnt understand why people care about someone posting a similar question. Chill its just a website not so serious. People get so rude and name calling on I.e. troll.

damewolf13 likes this.
  5. baddkar

baddkar Member

agreed... the more people that ask "new" questions the less people will have too because the forum will have more topics about it when using search or just looking in the forum

damewolf13 likes this.
  6. saamlee92

saamlee92 Well-Known Member

r u kidding me, this phone is able to run Gingerbread (3.0)

7. nMIK-3

nMIK-3 Well-Known Member

Android 2.2 aka Froyo is been confirmed for all Galaxy S phones including the Vibrant.

The latest release date schedule according to some Samsung representatives is August the sooner and end of September the latest. Fingers crossed :)

pantlesspenguin and Robinelli like this.
  8. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

I never used any names, but the main reason is that it's laziness and disrespectful to those that do take the time to help and answer the same question over and over.

9. tweak89

tweak89 Active Member

It does get annoying, but it will never stop no matter what type of forum you are on. :rolleyes:

I belong to a bike forum and every week the subject of "which exhaust" and "the stock seat sucks" comes up. Even with those topics pinned to the top of the forum, it still happens.

10. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

They have already announced they are working on 2.2 as well as bug fixes and should be arriving soon... no exact date but they confirmed it is coming....

11. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

This is all well and good, but if Samsung doesn't at least put Macadamia nut 5.0 on this phone I'll be pissed! This is assuming everything goes well with Oatmeal raisin 4.0. of course.;) Seriously, why does Google have such lame names for their software updates? I guess I should just be happy they called the whole thing Android and not June Cleaver or something.

12. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I understand what you are saying, but there are times when searching just doesn't yield the results you are looking for. I would certainly not want to see anyone afraid to come here and ask a question that is important to them for fear of retribution from forum members.:(
    I don't think anyone is trying to be blatently disrespectful. If you know the answer to their question, and don't want to answer, that is okay.
    Let someone else take it this time. No harm, No foul.:)

13. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Well-Known Member