Will I have any problems with employer discounts from authorized reseller?

Last Updated:

1. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I called the closest authorized reseller yesterday to reserve a Droid. The guy took my name and number and said he'd put me on a list. Now he left me a message this morning saying that they need a security deposit.

I guess before I guarantee them money, I want to be sure that I'll be able to get my employers discount (I've been told 17%) from them on my purchase, including what's left for the deposit.

I would go to the only corporate owned store in my town, but it's always packed, let alone on a day their best phone is going to be released.

Can anyone confirm this for sure?

Advertisement
  2. elucas730

elucas730 Active Member

I'm 99.9% positive that they can. I bought my current Verizon phone at Circuit City when they were still in existence and they were able to set me up with my employer discount.

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

You shouldn't have a problem, but you can always add the discount afterwards by calling.

4. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

I also get a discount (20%), but the discount for me is on the plan. When I activate the phone I start getting the discount on the service. Pretty good deal over the life of the contract.