will i have to pay for ics?General

1. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

I don't know what you guys know allready but google have declared that we are going to have to pay for and add free ics from update 4.04. And the add version, of course, will have access to all ur private info and google will sell that info to other companys. The add free version will cost $49.99 a year! You will get $25 in google play credit though. My question is will it affect my ice cream sandwich that I have been waiting months for? I do know that the ics beta released this week for the xperia play is 4.03. Anyone have any info for me?
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

W.T.F.?
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong, because of the nature of the is, you cannot release an "ad" version and not have it hacked & fixed within days.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
  3. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

if google do this then i will have to go down the cwf way. maybe a custom sony ics some one will make. please...
  4. fuhrl

fuhrl Well-Known Member

Yeah, where's your source for this. I've been off the internet for two days but I would have heard about this? Wait a minute, it's April 1st......

on a somewhat related note, I did read somewhere a few weeks ago that the Xperia Play wasn't on Verizon's list for getting ICS. Anyone know i this is true?
  5. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Please provide your source of this information as I am not aware of any such thing and find it very unlikely.
  6. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

7. jakkebrown

jakkebrown Active Member

Sorry if I worried anyone
  8. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

No problem, glad that is cleared up :D