• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will I lose all my google music if I change phones?

noahj1102

Sep 21, 2011
I have tons of music on my google music account. Probably 90% of that was from music that I took from cds and added to itunes.... which I then sync'd to my google music.

Now, the issue is that the computer that stored this music went to PC heaven and I trashed it. The cds were also borrowed from my local library and took many many months to collect on my itunes. The music was not purchased, just uploaded cds.

I still currently have tons of the music on my phone through google music. But my question is, when I change/ upgrade my phone, will the music still be there on my google music account?

Reason I'm concerned is that I logged onto my account on my wifes phone and no songs appeared. Will that happen too whenever I switch from my current phone to another?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones