Will I lose all my google music if I change phones?

Last Updated:

1. noahj1102

noahj1102 Well-Known Member

I have tons of music on my google music account. Probably 90% of that was from music that I took from cds and added to itunes.... which I then sync'd to my google music.

Now, the issue is that the computer that stored this music went to PC heaven and I trashed it. The cds were also borrowed from my local library and took many many months to collect on my itunes. The music was not purchased, just uploaded cds.

I still currently have tons of the music on my phone through google music. But my question is, when I change/ upgrade my phone, will the music still be there on my google music account?

Reason I'm concerned is that I logged onto my account on my wifes phone and no songs appeared. Will that happen too whenever I switch from my current phone to another?

Advertisement
  2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

as long as the music stays on google music and you use the same google account on the new phone, the music will appear.
  3. noahj1102

Thats what I was hoping. But why when I log into my account on my wifes phone, it shows no songs?
  4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Dumb question, but are you using the Play Music app? Music on Google Music will only show up in that app.
  5. noahj1102

Tried the app, no music shows up on her phone. Refreshed it and nothing.
  6. Demache

Is Google Play Music syncing in your Accounts and Sync settings?

It should be checked by default, but it never hurts to check just in case.
  7. noahj1102

Ahh, that was it. Thank you my good man!
    Demache likes this.
  8. Demache

Odd that it wasn't checked. I would think that would be default.

Glad you got it resolved though. Now you can die knowing that all your music will sync to a different phone.

....wait, no that sounds really weird.