Will I pass sprints credit check?

Last Updated:

1. diablokiller18

diablokiller18 Member This Topic's Starter

I really don't want to make a deposit and was wondering if I would have to, I don't know if I even have credit I am 20 I had a suntrust visa card checkings account for about a year now and bought a lot of things I also have a pre paid ATT phone that I never missed a pay, I really want a evo but I am not going to pay $200 for the phone plus $200 deposit and then my first bill which will be $180ish thats $600 =(

Advertisement
  2. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

technically a deposit is just that. it is money you would get back.

i know that doesn't change the fact that it is part of your initial cost.

i suggest you try the credit app at a sprint store to find out. but i would guess there would be a deposit required for you based on the limited information you provided above.

but it is likely you would a with any carrier. good luck, i hope you get it and enjoy it.

diablokiller18 likes this.
  3. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

Having a check card and buying stuff on it mean NOTHING as far as establishing credit. You need to have a credit card for a few years or a car payment and have some kind of credit set up. If not, they MIGHT not approve you!

4. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member

dude I got sprint when I was 18 with no Credit . just a 100$ deposit in which Im get in october :) .. but i think you will be fine .. and yea the checking account wont help at all ..

5. diablokiller18

Yeh I am really hoping I don't have to make a deposit because I do not have that much cash right now I will be able to pay for the phone and bill I am just tired of pre paid phones I am paying $65 just for text and talk which is crazy hopefully sprint will work something out with me because I been paying $65 every month for my ATT go phone for about a year now

6. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

As someone has has been blessed to work with people and credit, I will tell you that the most important thing to do is to pull your credit and scores and see where you stand. ALWAYS know where you stand credit-wise before applying for anything.

Pull your reports directly from the big three (EQ, EX and TU).Also, pull your FICO scores for the three too (you might not be able to get EX FICO scores due to an issue between FICO and Experian). Knowing your credit score is crucial to your OVERALL financial well-being, and not just phone deposit. :)

Anyhoo, from my research at creditboards dot com, Sprint likes to see scores in the 600s, and they seem to pull Equifax, so if you're on a budget, check those. Do not get meaningless cores from the bureaus or anywhere else. Generally speaking, only scores from myFICO.com count as a serious measure of creditworthiness.

Best wishes! :)

Wadester and K4KAI like this.
  7. diablokiller18

=( I guess no evo for me then

Since I wont be able to get the evo because I won't have enough money for a deposit is there any phone you can get that doesn't require a credit check or do I have to stick with pre paid phones =(

8. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Also agree with the posters above... a checking account, in and of itself, does nothing for increased creditworthiness (though a bad overdrawn account can hurt you badly).

I also agree that a deposit is not that bad in the scheme of things. Hope you don't need it though.

9. Ploni Almoni

Ploni Almoni New Member

I paid a deposit with Sprint, it was only $50 though. I did it getting a Palm Pre in 2009. I have very little credit as I've never owned a car but always pay my bills on time. I didn't have to pay any deposit with T-Mobile but had to use their "flexpay" plan, which simply is a spending limit coupled with having to pay ahead of time for minutes. (A hassle, they will cut you off if you're ever late on paying, which I haven't been on either T-mo or Sprint, or earlier with my Verizon landline.)

10. ashlee228

ashlee228 Member

Just try. I have mixed credit. Two collects but they gave me a line without a deposit. They have a thing called sprint payment something or other. It's five extra a Mth unless u sign up for auto bill pay but its for ppl with ugly or no credit. Careful though the more u apply the lower Ur score will go.

11. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

i have weak credit (high 500's) and when i went to sprint i was approved for 5 lines with no deposit. then again i had been paying my car for a year and a half before that. just my 2 cents

12. n0apostrophe

n0apostrophe Well-Known Member

i have had a credit card for the past four years in college and my average bill was $150 month and it qualified me for 6 lines with sprint. i don't have a car payment either, but i have paid everything off monthly and have a credit score in the high 600's.

13. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

i went thru bankruptcy earlier this year. i didn't have to put a deposit down. they did try to charge me $4.99 "spending limit charge" every month, but if you go on automatic pay every month, they'll waive that.

14. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I got my first Sprint phone 10 years ago when I was 18yrs old, I was a student with no job and no credit. I know this was a while ago, but you probably have a good shot.