• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will insurance replace bricked, rooted phone?

my situation is this..

i had to get a replacement form asurion because my phone was stolen. i liked THAT captivate. the replacement they sent me was refurbished, and the software was incredibly buggy. they (Samsung and Att) both said samsung would have to look at it, but instead of being without a phone for weeks again, i flashed back to 2.1

then this happened, and instabrick.

my question is this: i know it bricked because att, not me. but will asurion replace it if it is rooted? or will att replace it themselves? or am i stuck buying a nondiscounted phone :'(

I have no experience with asurion, but I doubt either them or att will replace the phone. Or if they do, you may find yourself incurring a 500 charge down the road.

If you can get your phone into download mode, you haven't "bricked" your phone.If you can get into download mode, try another flash back to stock using odin 1-click, master clear, format sd card etc etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones