• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will iPhone apps now be available on the Android Market?

blam03

Jul 6, 2010
I'm curious, will the iPhone apps also be accessible to us Android users once the iPhone is available on 2/10/11?? I'm specifically curious about the Angry Birds game..you can get it on Android right now, but it's very slow & choppy. Will that improve at all, or no...? I know, I know this is a very superficial question, but I wanna know!!! ;)

Thx,
Beth

yes and no. Only if the dev wants to code their app for both ios and android.

Angry birds are on both ios and android.

Angry birds, for me, is real smooth. On both my Nexus 1 and Galaxy tab.

Hmmm...well, my ERIS doesn't like it much. I didn't realize how slow it was until I downloaded the walkthrough app & saw how freaking fast & smooth it was on the iPhone that was used in the video. :(

Upvote 0
Hmmm...well, my ERIS doesn't like it much. I didn't realize how slow it was until I downloaded the walkthrough app & saw how freaking fast & smooth it was on the iPhone that was used in the video. :(

My sister-in-law had the same problem, the ERIS doesn't have the processor to make it all run smoothly. it is a surprisingly resource hungry game. perhaps root and play with SetCPU a bit? OCing is always fun.

Upvote 0
My sister-in-law had the same problem, the ERIS doesn't have the processor to make it all run smoothly. it is a surprisingly resource hungry game. perhaps root and play with SetCPU a bit? OCing is always fun.

I'm a techie dummy. I have no idea what rooting or a SetCPU or OCing is...:rolleyes: I'd ask how to do it, but am sure I'd really eff up my phone.

Thx, tho.

Upvote 0
I'm curious, will the iPhone apps also be accessible to us Android users once the iPhone is available on 2/10/11?? I'm specifically curious about the Angry Birds game..you can get it on Android right now, but it's very slow & choppy. Will that improve at all, or no...? I know, I know this is a very superficial question, but I wanna know!!! ;)

Thx,
Beth

No. The iPhone coming to Verizon won't have any impact on this. iPhone and Android phones run two different operating systems. It's like Windows and Apple, you cannot buy an Apple program and expect it to run on Windows and vice versa.

As Android phones are becoming more popular and cutting into the iPhone's market dominance, then I think we will see more and more developers write programs for both systems. But they have to write a different app for each platform.

One could argue that the iPhone's release on Verizon might cause the iPhone to gain again against Android. If this happens, we might see less apps being written for Android. I don't think that will happen, but it's always a possibility.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones