Will JB improve the camera?General

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

Will the JB update affect the camera?

Advertisement
  2. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

There's been a lot of hopeful speculation about that. The interface will be different and in many people's opinion better. But I doubt it will improve the 'quality' issues noted with this phone. I would think that a mere software change can not affect the photos as opposed to hardware changes. But what the hell do I know?!?

While the low-light performance of this phone's camera is not great, most cell phone cameras are not that great anyway since there is no real good flash anyway. That said there are definitely phones with much better camera's out there like the SIII and the iPhones. If Moto had addressed this issue the RHD would have been a grand slam instead of just a home run.

I'm still waiting for the JB update to arrive on my phone. Keep watching this sub-forum - I'm sure there will be posts about it soon. I didn't see much about it on the RAZR M forum and they've had JB for a while so I'm not hopeful.
  3. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

IMHO, the camera is a little better. Not as fast as the orig RAZR I don't think, but better. My biggest gripe is the auto focus speed, which is a little better in JB.
  4. Haraldh

Haraldh Member

Just downloaded JB on my Razr HD. I'm playing with the camera from my bed with only a nightstand light. 100% improvement! Far less noise, great exposure, no motion blur in dark light. But by far the most noticeable is the noise reduction. Can't wait to try it in daylight.

The video was terrible in the dark before, but looks great now! (for low light that is) Not sure if they added steadyshot, but the jerkiness seems to be much less.

Both video and camera focus and exposure seem great.

Sorry to sound so excited but I barely chose this phone over the iphone 5 and S3. If this camera is fixed as it seems to be, I will have zero regrets in my choice.

Ok daylight now. I have concluded that the main improvement is in the noise reduction at night in both modes. Low light video seems much improved.
    Interface is the same.

It may be that it's 2:00 am, but in my opinion they fixed something.