Will Moment users get an auto update to 2.1?Support

Last Updated:

1. Rez90

Rez90 Member This Topic's Starter

I called Sprint a while back and they said that an automatic update will be sent out to all moment users early in April. I called to ask because a bunch of my friends with Droids got the update in march.

I still haven't seen anything. I am not looking to root the phone and lose data etc because i'm not that computer savy and i simply don't have the time.

Does anyone know if we're going to get an automatic update?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I don't think that they will be able to do an auto update. I think that getting your phone wiped it going to be the only way to get to 2.1. You will either have to go into the Sprint service center or us the SWupdater for an OTW update.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I will say with all confidence, NO F'ING WAY! Samsung couldn't even manage OTW updates the last time around, they're months if not years away from trying OTA updates.

CriticalCritic likes this.
  4. scotth501

scotth501 Active Member

I'd bet they meant an automatic notification that an update is available. My wife received a text message from Sprint indicating CL14 was out about 3 days before I did on my Moment.

5. mlr_90

mlr_90 Member

LMAO - I can see OTA updates on the moment now. 99% and whats that? Data lockup - WTF! I really love the phone if they would just fix the bugs. EVO isn't far away though :D

6. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

+1, CDMA lockup FTF

7. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

yeah, my buddy with a droid did not have to do anything, auto update and he did not lose anything stored on his phone.

8. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

The droid update is from 2.0 to 2.1, the Moment update is from 1.5 to 2.1, that is a much bigger jump. I'm not sure that your phone is going to be wiped, but it might be a good thing if it is. Not all the apps that work on 1.5 will work on 2.1, so you would be better off looking for new apps. Google snyc will take care of your contacts.

9. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

This is what will happen:

- 2.1 will be available via a web download and OTW (computer USB flash)

- We will most likely get a notification but I doubt it will come before the official download is available. Check this forum (or better SDX) often for faster notification.

- The 2.1 update will wipe your phone. This is guaranteed.