1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Mr. Obama be the last Black President

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

It all depends on the candidates, not just their race. I wouldn't be surprised if the next black president is a republican. They know they need to grow their tent somehow. They'll probably be running a lot of Latino candidates as well.
  3. huh

huh Well-Known Member

Wait..Isn't he biracial? Dad African decent Mother European Decent? The whole race thing is so stupid...everyone is basically a mishmash anyway.
    haha reminds me of a true story..I can't remeber who was asking me..census or SS admin..whatever..but I was answering a stupid ethnic background question and I happen to be a mish mash myself.. I have a GG grandmother who came from Spain and they actually put me down as Latino!! um..ok
    and I am also 1/8th black...so I asked the question what would any of my children be classified as then?
    she takes one look at me(blonde green eyes) and says.....Caucasian
    hahaha

bunch of idiots...:)
  4. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

That's true, and it always bothers me. Halle Berry winning the Oscar always comes to mind, up there gushing about being the first black actress to win best actress, while her white mother gazes adoringly at her, probably thinking "what about me?".
    ElasticNinja and huh like this.
  5. huh

huh Well-Known Member

hahahah! according to SOME!!! anyone can write anything and say according to ..some..

who is this some person? and how does he/she know all this stuff?

for serious though..of course there will be more "african american" presidents
    and gasp!! women too... and dare I say... Gay too! For the people by the people...

tell ya what..I am going to volunteer to be a surrogate for that loon tune Doctor who wants to clone a Neanderthal and she/he will be the first Neanderthal American President!!!
  6. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Obama will be the last president, according to some
  7. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't think you can definitively say last black president. People said there would never be one in the first place. It all depends on the candidates and who can make themselves sound the best to the people..
    So last black president, I think not.
  8. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Depends on who's agenda it can benefit the most. If you read the article it mention who "some" are.

If it took 200+ years for him to be president, I hope it won't be another 50-200 yrs. for the next one!
  9. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

You caught that too!

Yes, weasel words like "according to some" is nothing more than a lame attempt to justify nonsense. No self-respecting journalistic organ would ever use weasel words!

What's the source of the phony news? Oh...USA Today...

Figures...
  10. He's not even 100% black.
  11. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Could care less what his race is.
    treb1797, D-U-R-X and Rxpert83 like this.
  12. Still waiting for as Asian president or a female one.
  13. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Given the rate at which the US population is changing, the question perhaps ought to be: will George W be the last white president?

Jeez, you really have to hope not! What a hideous way to go out ..
  14. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Well, he was largely elected because of his color. No reasonable person would vote for a man with no experience and zero qualifications. So race most certainly played a part in this mess.

I would like to think we could elect another black person for president. Unfortunately, we still consider race and lots of people will likely consider race when we elect the next president.
  15. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

So we will never vote for another first black president... the novelty has worn off.
  16. droidrv

droidrv Member

Doesn't matter the race to me. Would be interesting to see a female president though.
  17. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

We all can see that there's still a lot of racial hatred in this nation, and that's a shame. It seems like this country is more in touch with what it hates than what it loves. And we wonder why so many people are going berserk and shooting up schools...
  18. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

As long as she is qualified. Obama was elected because he is black and not because he is qualified. He is a grade A mess of a man who should not have been elected.
  19. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I'd hate to see where we'd be after four years of President McCain. Tell Herman Cain all it takes to become president in America is to be black.
    Speed Daemon likes this.
  20. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

So you approve of our current and declining employment rate?
  21. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

You approve of our global decline? Cane has a long business background thought showed growth. Barry? He brought nothing to the table and has little to improve the situation. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. Oh, you are aware of the NAACP statement that blacks are worse under Barry.

Also, why does Barry not pay his female staffers as he does his male staffers.
  22. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Hey everyone!

Seeing as there's a lot of hot button issues here, I'd like to thank everyone for being civil. Especially when discussing something like race. Discussing race is ok, but racism isn't ok.

Besides, who knows what the future will hold?
  23. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

I frankly have no interest in his race; his political goals are my interest.
    Tyreba likes this.
  24. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Let's see, four years ago we were on the brink of a second Great Depression, the auto industry was ready to collapse, the stock market was around 7000, and the housing market had all but imploded.
    Unemployment is down, the auto industry is turning big profits, the stock market has doubled to nearly 14000, and the housing market has been improving every month. All in four years. How quickly people forget the mess he inherited. Pretty impressive if you ask me, no matter what color you are. He could have accomplished more if it wasn't for the blatant republican obstructionism.
  25. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

And none of that was because of Obama either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.