Will my Hero ever support A2dp bluetooth profile?

Last Updated:

1. EinZtein

EinZtein Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this a hard or soft limitation?

Will the new roms support all bluetooth profiles?

Also, is there any way to pipe my music to my Jawbone 2?

I know my previous 8525 winmo I had to load a app to pipe sounds to the headset.

Advertisement
  2. rockstar

rockstar Member

My Motorola S9's work perfectly with my hero, I can answer phone calls and listen to music for quite a while. The only problem is that they wont skip or pause songs in Pandora.

as for piping the music to the jawbone 2, i don't believe its possible because the hardware was designed for phone calls.

3. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

This seems to be a problem in other 3rd party media apps as well when using bluetooth pause / next / previous controls...BeyondPod and DoggCatcher to name a few that I've tried. After discussing with the developer of BeyondPod, it seems to be related to the Hero's interception or prioritization of the bluetooth remote commands. They seem to only control the built-in Android media player. I'm not sure if this is unique to the Sprint Hero or all Heros with the Sense UI, because the apps I metion do work with bluetooth AVCRP commands on other Android phones. G1/Magic/myTouch 3g, etc.

4. rockstar

rockstar Member

it totally makes sense though, because the firmware designers probably had no idea apps like pandora were going to take over the mobile music scene (imo). they probablyy figured everyone would just load up some 16Gb+ memory cards with music and use the standard music player..

5. brandiem09

brandiem09 Member

From user manual "The device supports the following Bluetooth profiles: Headset, Handsfree, A2DP, and AVRCP."

I have had no issues connecting my phone to any bluetooth headset or headphones, I even had it connected to my desktop and laptop via bluetooth.

6. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Bluetooth FAQ (Android Open Source Project)