Will not connect to my wifi? Samsung galaxy 10.1Support

Last Updated:

1. ah4976

ah4976 New Member

Just purchased a samsung galaxy 10.1 32gb. I had a problem with an acer not connecting to my wifi and now this won't... I thought it was just the tablet but I am now figuring it is my internet/router? In simpleton terms how to a fix my router to support and get on the internet with my samsung galaxy? It is a netgear wireless- g router wgr614 v9 .... Help!

2. GirlFriday

GirlFriday Well-Known Member

Reboot your router.
  3. sarahkategiles

sarahkategiles New Member

are you serious .... as if someone wouldnt try that first ... why cant the samsung get the new IP address after the router has been reboted, the pad has been reboted .. help im going insane
  4. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

A lot of people don't know how IP assignment works, and they just assume that the router should work all the time. So yes, rebooting the router and tablet is a logical suggestion. However, the issue may be with the router and tablet not communicating well as the Tab doesn't like 'cheap' routers.

I had a cheap Belkin that worked ok for wired connections but my Tab would disconnect or fail to connect over WiFi after waking. I also had problems with my Wii and one HTC smartphone not working reliably. I had to replace the router when upgrading my internet service to much faster speeds, and bought a really good router (Asus RT-N56U) to keep up with the faster internet. Since getting the Asus router, I've never had a problem connecting with the Tab or any other wireless devices, everything connects and works great, even the old HTC phone and Wii connect 100%.