• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root will not go past boot screen, no manual 3 button recovery!

Hi all,

Very new to this so bare with me if i seem a little daft and if this has been answered before.

Had my galaxy s a few months and noticed a lot of lagging on it recently. So i rooted my phone (worked fine) and then installed the lag fix for it and all was ok, running super quick.

I then went on Samsung kies and it told me i could update my firmware so i pressed ok without changing any settings on the phone from the root and lagfix and went through the process. After it had finished i disconnected the phone and tried to boot it. However it will only get to the galaxy s boot screen after the animation, it then goes blank although the options and return buttons light up and it vibrates intermittently.

I do not seem to have access to the 3button manual recovery or download modes so I am a little bit stuck if honest. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones