• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will not start past splash screen

adrian5610

Lurker
Aug 6, 2013
Need help getting my phone to start. I've had it forever and never had any problems with it other than it's been getting slower and slower on me. I never installed anything special on it just stuff from play store and even then not a whole lot because of how slow it's been getting but the other day it shut down and now when I start it, it'll get to the splash screen with the "S" and then the screen will go blank. It'll sit for may be 30-60 second then vibrate the way it does when it comes on completely but nothing on the screen. The buttons across the bottom stay lit and then every 2 or 3 minutes it'll vibrate again like it's trying to start but can't. Is there any way for me to get this to come back on even if it is wiping everything out and starting over. Been thinking of doing that anyway since it's been getting so slow just hadn't had the time to do it. All the post I've seen for wiping it say I need to get it in the USB debugging mode through the settings menu but I can't without it starting up. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones