Will not update transferred mp3's

Last Updated:

1. nanllyn

nanllyn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have Moto Droid with the new 2.1 version. I am using Mixzing for me media player but I don't think this is a Mixzing problem but something with the Android platform or in the syncing process. I'm using Windows Media player to make play lists and sync to the Droid.
    It worked great the first time. I had some mp3's on my sd card and Mixzing picked them all up. Now I wanted to add more and the new mp3's won't show up on my Droid even though it says they have synced successfully in Windows Media player. I don't know where else to look for them but they are not in Mixzing.
    Could it be a Windows Media problem?? I even looked for them through the media player that came with the Droid and it shows the first synced mp3's but not the ones I tried the second time.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Nancy

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It might be that the phone needs to rescan the sdcard to pick up the new files. A test would be to restart the phone and see if they are then picked up.

If so use an app called sdrescan to remount the sdcard and force the phone to refresh the sdcard contents

3. nanllyn

I tried both of your suggestions and it didn't help. I scanned the SD card for music but it didn't find any new songs. So I found out how to drag my music from one hard drive to my Droid but this will be very, very time consuming. But now I'm wondering if it is Microsoft Media Player that is the problem. I hope not I literally have hours and weeks of setting it up and rating songs, making song lists. I tried Winamp but it didn't seem to want to sync with my Droid.
    What player do you guys use to move your music to the
    Droid?
    Any other thoughts? If not I guess I will have to manually drag them to the Droid.
    Thanks again.

4. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

why would manual copy pasting be any slower than using a sync software?

anyway, i got this problem as well last time i added more mp3s to my phone (via windows explorer copy paste, not a sync software)

a stupid fix i found was to open and save the files in mp3tagger ( mp3tagger v1.4.8 Application for Android | Multimedia ) - after that the player picked them up (using default player)
    this is very time consuming and i'm hoping to find a better solution at some point

5. nanllyn

The reason it is time consuming is because you have to go through each individual files. It is seperated by artist, album then song. So you have to go through each one to find the song you want.
    With Media Player they are tagged and you can sort them by genre or artist and it just shows the songs in a list rather than going through all the files. I have approximately 40,000 songs. That is the only reason it is time consuming.
    I will try you method when I get home to see if that helps.
    Thanks for your input.
    Nancy

6. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

ah, i only ever add full albums and have got all my mp3s sorted in an artist-album dir hierarchy, so...

7. nanllyn

That's how mine is. It is sorted by Artist, Album and then the songs. But to go into the music folder itself you have to go to each artist, then album to find the songs. I don't want whole albums since I only have 16GB of memory. But I have a few thousand artists or so. Not sure exactly how many but it's a lot. Anyway, I guess I will figure it out soon. It just would be easier if I could drag them straight from Media player because I have play lists already made so I wouldn't have to go through all that again.
    Anyway, thanks for your help.

8. ejarmol

ejarmol Member

I have the same problem on my Droid Eris. I drag my files directly from iTunes onto a a folder on my SD card, but iTunes or not the mp3s don't show up in any app like handcent, ringdroid, or the music player. However they are clear as day viewing with astro and play flawless in astro. The app rescan did not affect anything. Its a month later, any solution man?