• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will Odin back to 2.1 solve 2.2 root issues?

So here's a thought on what seems to be a new Root issue (and something I'll likely have to deal with after I get my replacement phone).

Can you just Odin/Heimdal back to 2.1 and then run the update.zip as you would normally?

Will a now stock 2.2 phone even take a downgrade to 2.1 through Odin/Heimdall?

I guess I can just try when I get the replacement, but if you guys already know, might as well take the easy way out, right?

Thanks in advance.

So that should solve everyone 2.2 root issues then?

Even if you've downloaded the 2.2 update or just bought your phone with 2.2, you can Odin down to 2.1, install the update.zip and root normally. I'll give it a test when I get my new phone. I know it's just a different extra step to take than running the scripts that are over on XDA, but it's at least a step most people are familiar with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones