will paid apps transfer?General

Last Updated:

1. tgunner333

tgunner333 New Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately I feel I already know the answer to this but didnt know if anyone has had prior experience with this.

When I switch from my Droid to the Incredible, any chance the apps I paid for will be downloadable at no cost? I know going from a droid to a droid it wouldnt be a problem, but didn't know if the case was them same when going to a completely different model.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

No need to worry. All your purchased apps are always available for re-downloading regardless of which phone/carrier you switch to. As long as it is android os obviously.

3. Androidoholic

Androidoholic Well-Known Member

Good question, I know verizon transfered my phone book and have offered to transfer my pics for me when I up grade, I don't have an android phone yet, the incredible will be my first but maybe they can do the same for apps?

4. Androidoholic

Androidoholic Well-Known Member

good to know thanks.

5. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I was wondering if you could app share by logging into your friend's gmail? You can game share on PSN in the same fashion. Does anyone know?

6. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

The apps are linked to your gmail account. Purchased ones will stay purchased. Not sure about app sharing. However, if you find it, you can download .apk files from online and install them with astro. It works with paid apps too. Unfair to the developers, but pretty easy to do.

7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Although I do see that it is somewhat unfair, being able to do this would stimulate our urges to purchase more apps (from different developers). We just don't have the money to buy apps all willy nilly at the moment.

8. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I'm pretty sure all your apps are linked to the primary Gmail account on the phone.

If you ever want to change that one, the phone will require you to do a factory reset.

So...no app sharing :p

That being said, all the paid apps you have on your account right now (linked to your Gmail address) will automatically show up in your downloads section when you sign in on the Incredible.