• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will removing an account also remove the apps?

When I first got my Android (HTC Sensation) I set it up with my already established business-related Google Apps account. I then installed apps and bought a few too. I have, however, now rebranded the business. I have a new Google Apps domain and accounts. I have added the new account to the phone and I am trying to consolidate by removing the old Apps domain and making it an alias of the new one.

I would like to know if my apps (free and paid-for) will automagically disappear once I remove the associated Google account from my phone? I'm not too worried about losing the free apps, but if the paid-for apps disappear and I have to buy them again using the new account I won't be particularly happy.

Cheers.
Grant. :)

the apps will not disappear...
but you can not update them...

and once you delete them (or re-set/wipe/reformat), then you have to re-purchase them to get them back on.
***you can re-login on the old account and re-install the apps and update them.

I think the newer android OS / phones.. can have multiple google accounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones