Will soon be joining you guys!!!General

Last Updated:

1. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After having troubles with my Eris I called up VZW about the lag. The tech didn't even waste anytime trying to trouble-shoot, he just straight up asked me if I wanted a different phone. I said I'd be fine with a Moto Droid but this nice guy didn't want me to have to buy all new accessories and chargers so he said "how would you like an Incredible". Of course I wasnt gonna argue with the guy but I knew I'd still need the chargers and stuff so they're sending those too. That tech is the epitome of customer satisfaction. And now I'll be rolling with the big boys, only problem... now I have to start waiting on Froyo with the rest of ya.

Advertisement
  2. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Why wait? Root it and join the rest of us already running delicious Froyo.

3. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Yeah, the tech support guys at VZW are quick to just send out a new phone. Welcome to the club!

What issues were you having with your Eris?

4. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Congratulations :D and WOW, now that's what I call service. Came from an Eris as well, can't believe I used to think it was the best.

5. socarwolverine

Well, the first one had the silent call bug so it had to go. The second one had the silent call bug unless you were on speakerphone then it worked fine, but I don't like blasting my conversation for the whole world to hear. The third and final Eris wasn't as bad as the rest, I just had awful lag when trying to use the dialer. I would sometimes miss calls, I couldn't switch between calls, and the phone was fairly useless for a couple seconds after getting out of a call. I wasn't too upset with it and figured they'd just tell me to do a factory reset but I called just in case they had some insight into the situation or give me another Eris. The guy sensed I wasn't thrilled with the phone anymore and got me an Incredible and I didn't have to sign a new contract to get it so I can use my NE2 on LTE sometime in the future... I think yall can agree the Incredible will tide me over until then, maybe longer. Now I just gotta wait for the back and chargers to get here. The eris battery I have and the seidio 1750 will still work right?

6. mangler1055

mangler1055 Well-Known Member

wish i had thought of doing that. i just bought an incredible yesterday. i couldn't stand the storm 1 anymore. i was able to talk the guy out of charging me the $20 upgrade free. i thought that was a win, but it appears i didnt' even come in second :)

enjoy it!

7. dmbfan13

dmbfan13 Well-Known Member

So they're sending you an Incredible free of charge? Or did you have to pay? My wife has the eris, and she's always complaining about how slow it is! sometimes she cant even answer calls because it locks up or something! It's always shutting off as well!! Very frustrating phone!

8. socarwolverine

I'm getting it free of charge. If she's on her first eris try calling in and getting a new one, I doubt they'd just go and replace it with an Incredible but they would give her another eris and if she keeps getting bad ones eventually they'll bump her up.

9. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I actually got the same deal, free of charge, coming from Eris as well.
    I got the DInc on 7/27. the camera lens was loose, and I have another brand new arriving tmw!

10. quddus702

quddus702 Member

yeah wait til you try and and activate and it ask you do you agree with extending your contract........

11. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

This is the truth!

12. socarwolverine

Then it'll go right back, because I double checked with the rep to make sure that wouldn't happen and I wouldn't extend my contract for a refurb.

13. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Wow free, either its fate or you got a really nice CSR. :)

14. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

mine is brand new

15. socarwolverine

Ah, you got me topped, mine's got "certified" all over it... but it's still better than another eris.

16. socarwolverine

Well, they originally forgot to send me a back and a battery, so they sent those out but I guess they screwed up because they sent me the 2150 battery and back, a nice surprise but looks like I won't be getting a case.