• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will stores hold phones for you?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
Not sure if this goes here, but if it doesn't, I apologize in advance, cover myself in shame and ask that someone move it to an appropriate place.

Anyway, I'm eligible for an upgrade next week. I'm wanting to get an Incredible and it's sold out just about everywhere. The upgrade is an annual upgrade and not the "new ever two" thing so there's a $20 early upgrade fee which I'm more than willing to eat. Will stores other than Verizon honor this upgrade for one thing and for another thing will they hold a phone for me? I've looked on line and seen that Best Buy sometimes has them in stock in the area. Some of them are in cities that are 2-3 hour drives away, but I'm willing to make a road trip to avoid having to wait two weeks for my phone to come in. That is I'm willing to make a road trip if the store will hold a phone for me. Anyone have experience with this?

I was one of the people who did not have to order the Droid Incredible. Yes, all of the Verizon stores were sold out, but I called a nearby Best Buy store and they had 2 in stock. I told them my name and that I was enroute and Yes, they did hold it for me. One of the questions that the Verizon manager at the Best Buy store asked me was whether or not I was upgrading or a new buyer so it is safe to assume that they probably would honor your upgrade. Good luck and enjoy your Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones