• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the ascend on 4g with metro pcs?

The Ascend will not support 4g. It doesn't have a 4g antenna but will benefit slightly because of decreased bandwidth use from users that are in 4g. Instead of using 3g bandwidth, they will be using 4g, which means more 3g bandwith for you. P.S. 2.2 will arrive first quarter 2011 between Jan or march

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Of course it isn't right...
dayfordie

ThisIsSpam.gif

But that's metro for you, no? The reason they still sell the ascend is because 4G isn't in all markets 3G is. Just so happens that the poster abefore me, and myself live in 4G markets.

Upvote 0
Of course it isn't right...
dayfordie

But that's metro for you, no? The reason they still sell the ascend is because 4G isn't in all markets 3G is. Just so happens that the poster abefore me, and myself live in 4G markets.

This isn't just MetroPCS and the Ascend, however. It's all android phones. The android manufacturers are so busy coming out with new and better systems that by the time you get yours activated there's something better on the market and yours is obsolete!

LOL :D

It's something Android users have to get used to. Always something bigger and better. (Remember when smaller was better in cell phones?)

Upvote 0
This isn't just MetroPCS and the Ascend, however. It's all android phones. The android manufacturers are so busy coming out with new and better systems that by the time you get yours activated there's something better on the market and yours is obsolete!

LOL :D

It's something Android users have to get used to. Always something bigger and better. (Remember when smaller was better in cell phones?)

In a nutshell...yeah, that's pretty much it. Every carrier can be guilty of that, I bet there are tons of users who are pissed they signed on with Verizon only to here a few weeks later the iPhone is coming out on their new carriers network.

Upvote 0
In a nutshell...yeah, that's pretty much it. Every carrier can be guilty of that, I bet there are tons of users who are pissed they signed on with Verizon only to here a few weeks later the iPhone is coming out on their new carriers network.

OMG! You are so right! I was talking to one of them this weekend and she is REALLY upset. Says she always wanted the iphone and now she's stuck with her HTC Droid. ;)

Poor child!

:D

Upvote 0

No see, yeah in a sense that's true, but what Metro did was slightly more underhanded. They announced the 4G network before the two Metro Droids dropped, so they knew before hand that certain markets, Dallas, Detroit, Philly, etc. would never see 3G. Because they converted the 3G towers to the 4G ones. I actually called tech support about this, and they were talking down to me like I was dumb.

"Does your phone say 1x? Then you have 3G speed."

(Never mind the fact that my phone has a symbol that literally says 3G that shows up at start-up and goes away.)

Fine. But when I tether my phone, and download speeds max out at say 20 kb/s in the middle of the night when speed is highest, you can't tell me that is 3G And was with a USB tether not bluetooth so naturally faster. Didn't mention CDMA or EVDO on account that I JUST might be wrong in assuming 3G has to run on EV-DO, but they're still misleading folks. They scrapped the 3G network in certain cities to make the 4G and yet they're still selling 3G phones and telling people "all our phones run on 3G no phone that doesn even works on our network" and my friend, also a Metro customer has a Samsung Freeform which is most definitely not 3G.

-end rant-:D

Reactions: Jazziette and KOLIO
Upvote 0
I love the fact that their hollow plastic Ascend phone you can mess with at the store shows "3G" and full bars on the top of the graphics, not to mention the box of the ascend shows 3G on the phone. I also asked the guy and he told me that 1x = 3G too. :thinking:

It says 3G because it's 3G on Cricket's network, and I guess Metro used the same picture.

Upvote 0
I'm in total agreement that MetroPCS is basically practicing deceptive trade practices in selling this phone to users who think they are getting 3G and they know you won't be able to get it.

I'm really not sure their CSRs even know this however. Cricket and Metro have the WORST Cust Svc.

I don't know what users who don't find these forums do. Just give up eventually?

hahaha

Sad...really sad.

;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones