• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will the Backflip get 3G if it is unlocked for T-Mobile?

From my understanding Tmobile 3g uses two different frequencies. One for Uploading and one for Downloading. The backflip needs to have both frequencies in order to get 3g to work correctly.

I'm taking a wild guess here but i think the frequencies are 2100 MHz for Downloading and 1700 MHz for Uploading. So the answer would be NO. The phone WILL work on Edge though. and all other operations won't be affected.

Upvote 0
From my understanding Tmobile 3g uses two different frequencies. One for Uploading and one for Downloading. The backflip needs to have both frequencies in order to get 3g to work correctly.

I'm taking a wild guess here but i think the frequencies are 2100 MHz for Downloading and 1700 MHz for Uploading. So the answer would be NO. The phone WILL work on Edge though. and all other operations won't be affected.

So I'll get 3G speeds down and EDGE speeds up?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones