Last Updated:

1. bjack56

bjack56 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sure did on my X10 (maxi)

Just wonderin'. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Yes definately, took a few days but it does definately get better. The update from R1...016 firmware to the R2...023 then 026 helped vastly too.

3. bjack56

bjack56 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thx for the reply, are you talking X10 or X10 mini?

I know the X10 got better, but now am playing with the mini. Current firmware 1.1.A.0.12 (SEUS says this is the latest software, I'm on Rogers in Canada)

Still have the X10, but would like a smaller pocket-footprint...unless it's just too big a step down in usability.

Thx again!

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Sorry yes, I have the big. Forgot I was in the mini forum. D'oh! Note to self, check where you are before you open your mouth.

5. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

The best way to improve battery life via charging, is to wait until your battery is completely drained, then charge to 100% and then repeat :)

6. Syncman9

Syncman9 New Member

X10 Mini uses a Lithium Ion battery, so discharging it to empty and recharging will have no effect on the battery life, in fact it's best to only run it flat once a month.

These batteries have no memory effect so when you charge them isn't a problem, but they have a lower fixed number of times they can discharged and recharged, compared to other rechargables. After which point they start to degrade and stop holding their charge. It's better just to keep putting them on charge when you can.

The other downside to these types of batteries that they don't mention very often, is they naturally lose their maximum charge capacity because of the chemical make up of the battery. This isn't normally an issue on mobiles since most people don't generally keep them past 2 years. It's a subtle loss of overall performance not easily noticed.

If you have a phone without a lithium ion type battery, which is rare these days, they do benefit from being from flat and recharged.