Will the Bravo get Froyo?General

1. chrisphoenix7

chrisphoenix7 Well-Known Member

I have had a capivate for a while. The first bit the dust, and the refurb replacement was worthless. Now I can get a different phone. iF the bravo gets froyo, I'm going with it. Will it be getting 2.2 or not? And which ATT phone is the best to get?

Advertisement
    :
  2. MCFarmfresh

MCFarmfresh Member

I would have to say the captivate is the best android phone at&t has at the moment. I happen to work for att and a few of my coworkers have one and they love them. I lucked out and got a bravo for free from motorola to demo for a few weeks. I just have to answer any questions they have afterwards and the device is mine. I am very happy with the device. T this is my first android (previously had an iphone) and I'm sold. very an snappy device a lot faster than my iphone, and it can do alot my previous device couldn't. Just wish I could get it to install non market apps.
  3. TPR300C

TPR300C Well-Known Member

No news on getting froyo. In a few days I'll post how to enable non market apps
  4. MCFarmfresh

MCFarmfresh Member

I totally forgot why I responded to your post in the first place. I did hear from an unconfirmed source that this phone will get froyo in the first quarter of 2011. I cannot remember exactly where I heard it from off the top of my head but I will try to find out and post back. and thanks for any info on getting non market apps. I tried S1C but it always fails when I try to use it.
  5. chrisphoenix7

chrisphoenix7 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I had the captivate, MCFF, but after two practically blowing up in my face, and the ceased production, I don't want to deal with another one. I like it, but it is too unreliable. I saw some videos of the bravo vs. other android phones. In the speed tests for the processor and such, the Galaxy S average was just a bit over half as good as the Bravo average. The only phones faster than the Bravo are the Droid X and the other superandroid phones.

Anyway, my captivate got sent to samsung by the store. They're trying to fix it. I'm not sure if I can still get a different phone or not now.
  6. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

Any updates / news on 2.2 for Bravo?
  7. callihan_44

callihan_44 Well-Known Member

yeah, i will be watching for 2.2 myself but havent heard solid info yet
  8. F7FTIGERCAT

F7FTIGERCAT New Member

my bravo is 2.22 and has been for awhile

ed