Will the Captivate work on Rogers Canada?

Last Updated:

1. estefana

estefana Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, Ive been deciding between the nexus one and captivate, but I have come to the conclusion that I like the captivate way more hardware wise. My question is, will the captivate work on Rogers wireless? And if so, how would I go about buying an unlocked version?

Advertisement
  2. estefana

I found an unlocked version here (albeit a very expensive one) This doesn't look like the captivate though...

3. Croak

Croak Well-Known Member

That one from NCIX will sometimes work on Rogers 3G (only in areas with good 1900 reception, and not at all in 850 band areas), but you've also got 2g/EDGE to fall back on. Worth considering if you really want the front camera and the physical Home button.

The Captivate, on the other hand, will work perfectly with Rogers/FIDO if unlocked. Or Telus. Or Bell.

I'm thinking about taking a road trip down to Washington on Sunday, I'll see if I can snag one. Hopefully that $350 no-contract price is legit.

estefana likes this.
  4. estefana

If you buy it off contract, I'm assuming that you would have to unlock it to get it to work on Rogers, right? Maybe you can pick one up for me, I'm just in victoria...

5. ardyer

ardyer Well-Known Member

Yes, but if you are buying it off contract, You might be able to get AT&T to unlock it for you, since they can't use it to enforce the contract.

6. linuxbox

linuxbox New Member

7. basily

basily New Member

8. khs616

khs616 New Member

im in canada and i unlocked the phone using apps and using other methods.
    i'm with bell, and calling and txting work but i get no 3g? any solutions?

9. Sarius24

Sarius24 Well-Known Member

I'm in Canada as well I have my Captivate from rogers...they sell them you know. For $0 at best buy at the moment...you might wanna go over there :O

10. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

yes you can have the captivate on rogers network. im running an unlocked version from AT&T on rogers and everything is fine. I unlocked it using some free apps, that might take you a while though. I'm not sure if 3g works because i got it disabled and only use wifi