Will the Car Dock 3.5mm cable output audio to USB?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Alpine iDA-X305 car stereo does not have a 3.5mm input jack. Instead, it has a USB cable for thumb drives that reads my MP3 music. Is there a way to get GPS navigation commands, blutetooh audio and MP3 music that I load onto my X to go through my stereo?

Advertisement
  2. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member

wait. So the cardock... If you have a 3.5mm jack, you can plug it in and all the noise will play through my stereo in the car? (I.e. Music, navi speech, phone call)

3. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Assuming it's an aux port (which almost all jacks in vehicles these days are) OF COURSE!

As far as the USB issue, I would have no idea, but something tells me it won't work, at least not out of the box. I'd contact Motorola about it.

4. odiej34

odiej34 Well-Known Member

It does not plug into the dock, it plugs into the phone it self. (the 3.5mm cable)

5. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just found [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]this on eBay. Any thoughts as to whether or not it will work?

6. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

I don't see why not

7. shared91

shared91 Member

I don't think so. If you look close there is a picture of headphones next to the 3.5mm port. This device converts the signal being sent out of usb to the 3.5 port. The title even says usb 2.o to 3.5. not the other way. but hay $9 and free shipping your not really out that much if i'm right. and you make out great if I'm wrong.

8. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Not sure either. I have a USB input also to my car stereo, but nothing else. 3.5 to USB would be great. If my radio reads usb drives and files from a memory stick, not sure how it would handle just straight audio coming in...probably not since its looking for a file structure.

9. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

No, the USB port can't just take audio in. It doesn't know what to do with the signal. USB ports on car audio devices are for mounting drives only. If you plug in your Droid with a USB cable you can mount it and play audio from the microSD card through the stereo but that's about it. (It should also charge your phone at the same time.) By connecting your phone in this fashion (instead of A2DP via Bluetooth) you can use the stereo to control the music. However, you can't stream web apps like Pandora this way. They only way to do that is Bluetooth or 3.5mm cable to the aux-in.

10. bosman111

bosman111 New Member

KCE-237B search for it on amazon $30

did anyone have success with the cd changer port?