Will the current Galaxy S issues be worked out?Support

Last Updated:

1. CraigGB

CraigGB Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, I'm due a upgrade and was interested in getting a galaxy s, I can get one on a decent contract for

Advertisement
  2. dc2447

dc2447 Well-Known Member

3. Cyb3r5c4r

Cyb3r5c4r Well-Known Member

Samsung have promised an official update to android 2.2 before the end of september. however its up to your network as to how soon they will approve it and release it for download to you.

just so you know a galaxy s does not require rooting to update it even with software not network approved and its not very hard to do either. ive been running an official samsung version of android 2.2 for a week now and it has fixed nearly all the issues i had with the phone.

ps i think its a great phone and will make your ipod redundant

4. chmagic

chmagic Member

So Cyb3r5c4r why not share, How did you do it? I connect to Kies and i cant even get a firmware update I'm guessing its due to a ATT block so please share

5. Cyb3r5c4r

Cyb3r5c4r Well-Known Member

if u are on at&t i assume you are using a captivate?? they cant be updated to froyo(android 2.2) just yet the latest firmware out for them is JH3 which is androide 2.1

key in *#1234# and the phone will tell what firmware you have.

and as that phone is network specific there are very updates available, where as my galaxy s is internalional version and i can get my hands on non network firmware.